MY BUCKET LIST!

“WHEN MY LIFE COMES TO AN END, I WANT TO BE SURE I DID EVERYTHING I LOVED, AND LOVED EVERYTHING I DID”

For as long as I can remember, I have always kept a list of things I want to do before I ‘kick the bucket’, and as I have grown, I have crossed experiences off and added even more on. I love reading other people’s Bucket List’s and finding more wonderful things I want to experience for myself. I’ve included a shorter version of my list here in the hopes of inspiring others to write their own!

So basically, in a nut shell, a bucket list is a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to accomplish in their lifetime. I quite like the idea of narrowing parts of your list down to a ‘Summer Bucket List’ or ‘2015 Bucket List’ to make sure you don’t get swept up in life’s crazy ride and never get to cross anything off your list. It keeps you focused, organised and gives you something to look forward to; something to achieve.

I initially uploaded my Bucket List over a year ago and since so much has happened during that time, I felt I should share an updated version for readers which includes some of the things I have crossed off and a lot more I have added!

MY BUCKET LIST

• Ride a Gondola in Venice
  • Complete a 100KM Ultra-marathon
  • Buy a Kombi Van…
  • And Road-trip across Australia
  • Visit Victoria Falls
  • Go Scuba Diving in the Great Barrier Reef
  • Learn a different Language (Currently learning Chinese, Mandarin)
  • Donate Blood
  • Oktoberfest in Germany
  • The London Marathon
  • The Great Ocean Road Marathon
  • Get Married in Vegas
  • Adopt/Sponsor an animal
  • Go on Holiday without Luggage
  • Witness the Aurora Borealis (The Northern Lights)
  • Visit Ayers Rock
  • Attend Glastonbury Music Festival
  • Adopt a Puppy
  • Go White Water Rafting
  • Learn to Snowboard
  • Learn to Ski
  • Go on an African Safari
  • Be Backstage at a Concert
  • Visit the Catskill Mountains, New York
  • The Boston Marathon

Anything else you can recommend for a travel enthusiast/trail runner/adventurer? I’d love to hear your suggestions!

Image by Flickr

68 Comments Add yours

1. Nice list ! 🙂 looking forward to your list for 2016 😉

Liked by 1 person

2. I saw you quoted John Burroughs, so maybe you’d like to add a visit to the Catskills in upstate New York to your bucket list!

Liked by 2 people

1. Gorgeous! Definitely going on the list! Thank you for the suggestion.

3. RoarLoud says:

For you I’d add the Boston Marathon- world’s oldest annual marathon! Going on a vacation without luggage sounds amazing and scary- I think I need to add it to my list! I have visit all of the Portuguese Azore Islands- part of tracing my family heritage. Of course I recommend roaring from a mountain top, I plan to do that from Kilimanjaro in September! Roar!

Liked by 1 person

1. The Boston Marathon is definitely going on the list! Thank you! WOW! Mt Kilimanjaro will be an incredible experience. Have a blast!!

4. 61gypsy says:

Love your bucket list! Thanks for dropping by my blog MyVidenda! From one fellow Aussie to another we love to explore and travel! : ) Love your blog!

5. Michelle Bohrson says:

Such an interesting and diverse list! I have been thinking about making one, but have read a lot of posts as to why you shouldn’t write them – mostly because they can become too restrictive. I thought it might feel the opposite, more liberating. You haven’t found making a list restrictive at all?

Liked by 1 person

1. Not at all! I love having experiences and achievements to look forward to. A lot of mine are travel and running related, which are the two things I love doing most. I think it’s exciting! I don’t restrict myself to my list, I am always up for trying new experiences, I never say no to a new adventure! If you’re not sure you want to write a bucket list for your life, why not just do one for summer or for 2016. See how you like it?

6. 60while60 says:

Ambitious list. You are going to love crossing them off

1. Lots to look forward to 🙂

7. Love your list! I may have to create my own!

8. getalifelist says:

You’re learning Mandarin as well? That’s amazing! I’ve been learning since Sep/Oct last year and just got back from 2 weeks studying in China 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. That’s awesome! Would you recommend studying in China? I thought about doing it a little while ago but have no idea where to start and what I need to do

1. getalifelist says:

It was AMAZING. Honestly, I miss it so much I’ve hardly thought of anything else since I got back! I made loads of new friends and fell in love with a whole new city 🙂

I used the Confucius Institute, which has centres all over the world. They offer loads of opportunities to study in China, for a few weeks, a semester, or even part of your PhD. There’s opportunities offered by the Chinese government as well, but the Confucius Institute is a really good place to start 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Oh that’s fantastic! Thank you for that, I will definitely look into it. Had you already been studying mandarin well before you went there?

3. getalifelist says:

No problem! I had been studying Mandarin for around 8 weeks when I applied for the trip, by the time I went it was 24 weeks 🙂 Most of the people that went had never studied Mandarin in their lives though, they were taught from scratch in the classes!

Liked by 1 person

4. Oh awesome! I’ve done about 8 weeks as well but I feel like going there and learning in that environment would be more beneficial and that I’d take more away from it. Did you live in student accommodation at the institute?

5. getalifelist says:

I was at Nankai University and we stayed in student accommodation at the uni 🙂 I got really lucky with my roommate as well, which helped! Honestly, actually being there helped my Mandarin a lot, I feel much more confident now.

Liked by 1 person

6. Sounds like a wonderful experience. Am definitely going to look into it. I might not get to go for another year but I’d really like to do it! Thank you for all your advice!

7. getalifelist says:

No problem, I’m happy to help! 🙂

9. Sharron says:

Love your list. We have actually done some of those things. You might want to add hike on a glacier. Everyday is an adventure.

Liked by 2 people

1. Hiking on a glacier would be incredible! Thanks for the recommendation 🙂

10. candyy17 says:

I have a huge fascination with people’s bucket lists and what they want to achieve in life because I think it’s such a good idea and gives you such a feeling of achievement! I really enjoyed reading your bucket list and hope you complete everything on your list!

Liked by 2 people

1. I love it too! It really is fascinating. So many people with so many different things they want to experience and achieve, it’s so great to see people doing what they want and what they love in their lifetime 😊😊

11. Atlas Labs - JTH says:

Some cool stuff to do! I have been ticking off continents and Aus states on mine. Just another reason to get around.

12. Cool list 🙂

I accidentally went on a trip without luggage (my bag was sent to a different airport). I arrived in Ho Chi Minh City and was starting a motorbike journey the next day. So the decision was made to screw the bags and just head off!
    We rode for a month in Vietnam with absolutely no luggage. Best decision ever!!

Liked by 1 person

1. That’s awesome!! Love hearing stories like this 🙂 What an adventure!

13. Miriam says:

Great list and yes, there’s lots to see in Australia. Hope you get here.

14. We share several of your bucket list:

– trekking the Everest base camp, Canadian Rockies, and other trails
    – check out the aurora borealis
    – get a tattoo (but we’re afraid of needles)

Liked by 1 person

1. Me too! Hate needles 😦 Will start off with something small and then will see how I go haha

15. Gerri Baker says:

Love your list! Enjoy the journey of crossing things off.

Liked by 1 person

16. Great list! When you get to the Canadian Rockies let me know.

1. Definitely will Caroline. Aiming for next summer! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

17. What a great list! I’ve never actually gotten around to making a list because things keep changing and I feel that once it gets written down, there is no change anymore. But, I do want to ride a horse across Ireland…

Liked by 1 person

1. So long as you’re doing the things you want to do, you don’t necessarily have to write them down 🙂 I hope you get to ride your horse across Ireland!

18. Victoria says:

Great list! It’s inspiring me to add more non-travel related things to my list. =)

I’d suggest hiking the W-trail in Patagonia. It’ll blow your mind.

Victoria

1. WOW! The photos look incredible!! Definitely list worthy. Thank you 🙂

19. Dustin says:

Incredible list! I have a lot of similar experiences on my list as well. Good luck with the Mandarin, I found it almost impossible to learn.

Liked by 1 person

1. It’s definitely a challenge Dustin! Thinking about heading to China to study and completely throw myself in there 🙂

1. Dustin says:

China has plenty to throw yourself into!

2. It would be quite the experience! 🙂

20. takememeaway says:

You and I have a lot of bucket list items in common! Keep up the adventures babe!

Liked by 1 person

1. Great minds 😉 Thank you! Same to you!!

21. Love it! 👏🏼So dope, we are like minded, except the scuba diving part! The catamaran is fine 😜😜😜

1. I’m willing to try everything at least once! haha 😉

22. leonise777 says:

Inspiring list – To add – climb a live volcano.
    Etna\Stromboli.
    I am going to do the latter this May

Liked by 1 person

1. That sounds incredible! I have climbed Mt. Batur in Bali which was quite an experience. Would love to do something like that again. Thanks for the recommendations! 🙂

23. Elaine says:

Love this list, I’ve done a few on here. I’ll have to think what should be on my list. Thanks for the visit.

Liked by 1 person

24. That is one awesome list!! Just reading it makes one happy 🤘🤘 I hope you finish all of it and keep sharing your experiences with us. ☺️

1. Thank you! I hope so too! 🙂

25. bravebetty says:

I would strongly suggest visiting the Galapogas Islands and a biking trip in Ireland!

1. Both of those sound incredible Betty! Thank you 🙂

26. damarisb513 says:

Love this list! Some of these things are things that I would love to try as well!

1. There’s just too many great experiences to have in this big wide world! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

27. Glad Everest Base Camp is on there, it’s a fantastic experience!

Liked by 1 person

1. Going in November!! I reserved my spot last month – I am beyond excited!! What time of year did you go? 🙂

1. Awesome! You will have a great experience! Have a read of my post for some tips if you like.
        I went in April, just got back a few weeks ago!

Liked by 1 person

2. Oh awesome! I will 🙂 Thanks!

28. evandjuni says:

Everest base camp has also been a dream of mine. I hope it comes true for the both of us.

Liked by 1 person

1. I’ve reserved my spot for November this year!!! I’m so excited. Now it’s your turn to book 😉

29. mel b. says:

I just wrote a blog on bucket lists. I would love to get your insight on do’s and don’ts of bucket lists! I am a teacher and always create a bucket list for my summer break…

1. Hi Mel! Sounds awesome. I’ll definitely check it out 🙂

Liked by 1 person

30. I love your list I hope all your dreams come true !

1. Thank you! That’s so kind. Same to you 🙂